Friday, July 29, 2011

The Darkest Secret By Gena Showalter

The Darkest Secret (Lords Of The Underworld #7)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

Keeper of the demon of Secrets, Amun can manipulate the darkest thoughts of anyone nearby. But when the immortal warrior is chained and isolated to protect those he loves, death is his only hope of release—until he meets Haidee, a fellow prisoner whose beauty and hidden vulnerability draw him into a reckless test of his loyalty….
Haidee is a demon-assassin, raised to despise Amun's kind. Yet how can she hate the man whose touch sets her aflame? But to save him, she must give herself body and soul…and face the wrath of a powerful adversary sworn to destroy her.


Review

I loved reading this book! The ending was perfect and the “Naked Thursdays” part made me laugh out loud. The plot was so well created and you felt for each character. The torment that Amun was going though with being possessed with hundreds of demon minions and how the key to his salvation was Haidee; a hunter and an enemy of the Lords was brilliant. Haidee being the ice and Amun the fire. Haidee was an easy character to love, she is strong was powerful but she also carries with her a vulnerability and gentle side. I loved how Amun could only communicate telepathically due to him being the keeper of secrets, it added a great dimension to the book. Lots of twists and turns to keep you on your toes, as well as some hot steamy scenes that were hot! Hot! Hot! I couldn’t stop reading from start to finish.        


Rating:«««««

4 comments:

kimyunalesca said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the book...I would love to read this after reading your review plus of course to find out what's their darkest secret lol ^_^ good job!

I'm your new follower and I cordially invite you to my First Interview with the author of the book The Talking Palm, Esther Jno-Charles

http://kimyunalesca.blogspot.com/2011/07/author-interview-esther-jno-charles.html#comments

Take care and Keep up the good work ^_~

Jet said...

Thanks, I will check it out right now :)

She Known As Jess. said...

I am more of a YA reader myself as you can probably tell from my blog :) I like your header!! The whole set up is pretty darn cool! Welcome to the blogger world !

Jet said...

Muchly appreciated. It took me ages to get the header right, my first header creation ever as well as the layout. After a lot of headaches it was a relief to finally be happy with my blog set up :D