Thursday, August 11, 2011

Acheron By Sherrilyn Kenyon

  Acheron (Dark-Hunter #15)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime of shame. However, his human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, Acheron became the sole defender of mankind.

Only it was never that simple. For centuries, he has fought for our survival and hidden a past he’ll do anything to keep concealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence.

Now his survival, and ours, hinges on hers and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both.  War has never been more deadly... or more fun.



Review

I now understand why this novel has gotten such great reviews. When I saw how the first part was written from Ryssa’s point of view I was thinking that I wasn’t going to enjoy having to read through this, I wanted to read about Acheron and his views, but it in fact added valuable insight that would have been missed otherwise. Acheron's harsh past and his trust for those he loved being broken so many times, to finally find someone who he can trust without having them break it and now have it thrown back in his face is touching. I hate Artemis, she really is the most conceiving woman, and I don’t think I have ever hated a character so much before, if I could pick any book character in the world to die a slow painful death, she’d be my choice. I can just see Acheron now in all his goth-punk-rocker gear, and what is there to say about quirky Tory. I really loved Tory, she’s smart, determined, and confident and she actually wants to make Acheron happy instead of just taking and taking from him like the people from his past. The “How to Tickle His Pickle” moment made me laugh and it was such a sweet moment, Acheron getting drunk on sprite also was funny. When Ash shed a tear, gosh I felt it, the emotion in this book is amazingly written, you feel everything, and you care for the characters. This book blew my mind. My favourite line in this book is now something I think about though the tough moments in life:
"Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain"



Rating:«««««

No comments: