Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Cat By Jean Johnson

The Cat (Sons of Destiny #5)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

Amara is wary of mages––they chased her out of her homeland. Yet there is something about the mage Trevan of Nightfall that Amara can’t resist. But can he be trusted with her most fiercely guarded secret? Courting such a pretty yet prickly outlander won’t be easy, but Trevan is determined to try. She may be fierce, proud, and from a different culture, but after all, he is the Cat, and none but the most fascinating and challenging of women could satisfy him…


Review

When I first started reading I immediately thought I had made a mistake by purchasing this book, but as the story progressed it got better and better, I found that I could not put this down and stop reading. I really loved Trevan as the main male character in this, he was patient with Amara and he was adorable with how enthusiastic he was whenever he spoke of creating something or discovering something new, a new idea. I wasn’t keen on Amara however, I found her controlling with regards to her sister and vicious at times, complaining and having issues with everything, acting spoilt, though towards to end she wasn’t as bad and she grew on me. Even though she wasn’t the female lead in the story I did find myself liking Arora more as a character. I am very interested and looking forward to reading her book with Rydan. Overall this was an interesting book to read with fresh ideas and plot, slow to get into at the start but a pleasure to read.


Rating:««««

No comments: