Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fantasy Lover By Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter #0)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.

As a love slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and into the world. She taught me to love again.

But I was not born to know love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace - the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

Julian of Macedon




Review

This book is different to the other Dark-Hunter books in the series so If you don’t like this one it would still be worth reading the next one, it is more of an introductory novel then an actual start to the series.  It has some nice humour to the story like Cupid being a biker and flowing sexual tension. Grace is a loveable character and a relatable one at that. I admire her moral code and her unwillingness to just into the sack with Julian and use him for her own pleasure; much to Julian’s dismay might I add.  As it turns out Grace is the woman who is able to help set him free from being trapped in the book and be a sex-slave for eternity. Though who could blame Grace for being the way she if after the way Paul had treated her, used her for his own games and as just another lay, it was great when Julian showed him what a real man was like and made him cry like the cowardly piece of rubbish he is. I loved the way Julian cared for Grace, protected her and made her see how beautiful and precious she was. The ending was perfect, ending with the teasing humour that made this novel so enjoyable to read.



Rating: ««««

No comments: