Monday, August 1, 2011

Highlander Unmasked By Monica McCarty

  Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye #2)

Genre: Historical Romance

Description:

Alex MacLeod’s virile physique, fearsome reputation, and renowned fighting skills have helped him master to perfection the role of a hardened mercenary. On a secret mission to protect his clan, he must keep his true purpose well hidden. But his dangerous endeavor is threatened by a beautiful woman he saves from outlaws, never dreaming she will appear at court and put his plans in jeopardy.

Meg Mackinnon needs a strong husband by her side to defend her clan’s holdings, but her search has been hampered by burning fantasies of the midnight rescuer whose smoldering blue eyes and raw sensuality left her breathless. Alex pretends to be a mercenary with no loyalties, yet he is clearly much more. As Meg challenges Alex to reveal all his secrets, the stakes grow perilously high, especially for the bold woman who dares to unmask a highlander.



Review

Not really my kind of read though it wasn’t bad. I think the historical romance lovers will enjoy this one whereas I merely dabble in the genre. I liked Meg, she was strong and had a will of her own and a unyielding determination which often led to her putting herself in danger which was foolish, but that is what you do for love. Alex was a male lead that I found myself liking but also not being keen on in parts with his “I like you” but “Now I don’t” routine with Meg though it was all to protect her in the end. I liked the start but the book lost my attention in parts and became a bit of a chore to read.  If you’re a fan of highlander romances then this would be a good read for you, though being mostly a paranormal romance fan, it wasn't something that kept my focus for long. Granted I will be reading the next in the trilogy eventually.

Rating: «««

No comments: