Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Shadowfae By Erica Hayes

Shadowfae (The Shadowfae Chronicles #1)

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Description:

Steal souls.

Live in hell.

Never die.

In a city infested with psychotic fairies and run by sadistic vampire mafiosi, life as a soul-sucking succubus rarely involves lacy lingerie, hot guys or great sex. Instead, Jade must spend her nights seducing gangsters and murderers, or simpering as a trophy girl for hell's minions.

So when she discovers a forbidden ritual that promises to break hell's thrall and set her free, she's got nothing to lose, even if it involves seducing the four most repellent souls in town. But when you're cheating hell, there's always a catch...



Review

Whew, is it hot in here or what? A very hot and steamy read which I guess is what you hope to expect from a story about a succubus. It was not at all what I expected it to be like, it was a pleasant surprise.  I liked Rajah, he actually cared about Jade, he himself being an incubus, a bi-sexual incubus in fact. Unlike many paranormal novels, the vampires are the bad guys in this particular read. The scene where they had the destroy Luna was a little...Harsh for my liking but the way Rajah cared for Je in the aftermath was proof of the kind of man he is. The only issue I really have with the book is that I could have liked a little more storyline and plot to balance out the numberous sex scenes, I am all for the steam but I would have liked a little more depth. It is a rather dark paranormal read, and full of grit. It reminds me of Richelle Mead’s Georgina Kincaid succubus series only darker. I will be looking into the second book in the series for sure. However, if you are looking for a fairy-tale story, this isn't a book for you.



Rating:««««

2 comments:

Teddyree said...

Great review, I'm looking for something new to satisfy my Cat & Bones addiction (Jeaniene Frost)
This sounds like it could be it.

PS nice to see a fellow Aussie blogger, I'm from Brisbane :)

Jet said...

Have you read Darkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall? I think it would be a better fix then Shadowfae in my opinion for the Cat & Bones addiction :)

I'm from Brisbane also!