Friday, August 19, 2011

Sins Of The Night By Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

In the realm of the Dark-Hunters there is a code of honor that even immortal bad boys must follow:

Harm no human. Drink no blood. Never fall in love.


But every now and again a Dark-Hunter thinks himself above the Code. That's when I'm summoned. Who am I? I'm the one thing the fearless fear. Step over the line and it's my wrath you will face. Nothing can touch me. Nothing can sway me. I am relentless and unfeeling.

Or so I thought until I met a female Dark-Hunter who goes by the name of Danger-it's not just her name, it's how she lives her life. She doesn't trust me at all. And who could blame her? She alone knows that I'm here to be judge, jury and most likely executioner of her friends. Yet she is my key to saving some of them. Without her, they all will die.

Dangereuse St. Richard is a deadly distraction. Something about her is reawakening a heart I thought was long dead. But in a race against evil, the only hope mankind has is that I do my duty. And how can I do my duty when it means that I will have to sacrifice the only woman I've ever loved?





Review

I love Acheron, he can’t help but spoil Simi, it’s so sweet, a demon with a shopping addiction. I didn’t much care for the female lead in this one, Dangereuse, I just couldn’t get into the character and connect with her. Acheron is in the line-of fire in this with Stryker a daimon/god, out to turn the Dark-Hunter’s against him and destroy him. Alexion is a Shade sent to protect Danger with some pretty nifty tricks, like being able to warm up his body temperature just my thinking it and the ability to see into people’s past, the turning the television on and off at will is also pretty handy. Lots of hot steamy scenes and some emotional ones, like when Danger got stabbed and was dying and her hand fell away from Alexion’s face that was so heartbreaking.

"Alexion threw his head back and cried out as pain tore threw him. In that moment , he hated Acheron. He hated Kyros. He hated Stryker, but most of all he hated himself for not being able to protect her".

Danger seemed to bring the life back into Alexion, bring out his fun side, I am glad that they got their happy ending. This wasn’t as enthralling for me as the previous Dark-Hunter books, but it was still an enjoyable read.


Rating: ««««

No comments: