Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Skin Heat by Ava Gray

     Skin Heat (Skin #3)


Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

Veterinarian Geneva Harper finds herself irresistibly drawn to Zeke Noble, the mysterious young man to whom wild is second nature. When a killer threatens Neva, Zeke's need to protect her is as fierce as his desire to claim her as his mate.


Review

I really loved reading this book. Even though it is a paranormal romance novel, it also has a murder mystery aspect to it which was great to follow. The paranormal aspect comes from the main male character Zeke after being kidnapped and experimented on was left with an ability, a sort of affinity with animals as well as animalistic tendencies such as the “claim my mate” nature he has. The ability making it hard for Zeke to fit back into the world and hard to be around other people, though he doesn’t speak a whole lot during the book, his personality comes though and you develop feelings for him as a character. The female led Geneva or Neva was brilliant as well, she was strong and determined to live her own life regardless of her family’s wealth and the pressure they put on her. This book took me by surprise and exceeded my expectations.

Rating: «««««

2 comments:

Redd said...

Ooh! Definite must read to my tbr!! Reading books where vets are the main characters have been of high interests to me lately. LOL!

Cool review!

Jet said...

This was one of the books I picked up just based on the cover *drool* :P but I am so glad I did, will for sure be looking out for the rest in the "Skin" series.