Saturday, September 17, 2011

Whispers Of Evil By Stacey Kennedy

Whispers of Evil (The Watchers #2)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

Nayeli has been locked away, hidden from the world in a mental institution, all due to the whispers of evil which have corrupted her mind. Unbeknownst to her, the voices that have plagued her are a gift given to only one kind―Watchers.

Griffin, her Seeker, is about to break this cage of imprisonment woven around her and give her a new chance at life. But when a demon leaves the confines of Hell to create havoc in Louisiana, will his love for Nayeli free her wounded heart, or will she succumb to the whispers which threaten to steal her soul?

*WARNING: Explicit sex between a timid Watcher and a gorgeous Seeker, and a ceremony that will certainly raise eyebrows!







Review

Griffin is envious of his brother bound by friendship Knox with his watcher Paxtyn, who is a riot by the way, he sees how much happiness she had brought him and he wants one for himself, his chosen one, but it isn’t so easy, he must rescue her from a mental hospital. I really like in this how the men are all submissive to their women, it’s a nice change. This moment between Paxtyn and Knox when rescuing Nayeli made me laugh and it was only just the start of the read;

“She gave him a hard punch to the shoulder. “If you ever man-handle me like that again, I will castrate you.”
Knox frowned. “I needed to—”
Her glare deepened, her eyes narrowing. “You needed to what?”
Knox’s lips tightened into a firm thin line, then he sighed deeply and grumbled. “I apologize.””

Nayeli was kept restrained and drugged into a stupor in that hospital, telling of demons killing people and hearing voices, she wakes up with a hot man standing about her, thinking it to be a dream but then coming to realisation that it is in fact reality. I really love Griffin and how sweet he is with Nayeli, how careful he is. He wants nothing more than to protect her and ease what had been done to her in the past, how badly she had been treated in that mental hospital all alone;

“His only concern was her; nothing else mattered except that. “I will be there to protect you. That is my promise to you.””

Nayeli slowly starts to open up and trust where she is and trust that Griffin isn’t going to put her in harms way or send her back to the hospital. When a demon is after Nayeli because of her ability to know their language and the threat it is to them, Knox wants to use her as bait to draw him out but Griffin won’t stand for it, he will not put Nayeli in danger. Nayeli can’t stand the thought of Griifin and the others being in danger because of her, they gave her life back and meaning so she decides to confront Dagon herself, leaving griffin a note;

”Dagon wants me and only me. You’ve given me a life that I’m not sure I ever really deserved. You’ve given me love, and I’ll always be grateful for that. And I failed you all. Now, I’m going to fix it. Forgive me, Nayeli”.

Thankfully Griffin and the troops show up in time to save her and Griffin is as pissed as can be. He punishes her, and what a hot steamy punishment it was. This was a freaking great read, I couldn’t stop once I started, it flowed so well and was just perfect.





Rating: «««««

2 comments:

Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

I loved this book. Stacey Kennedy is a fantastic author and I have read almost all her books and loved them all!!

Great Review

Jet said...

Thank-you so much. It was better than I expected it to be which surprised me. Definitely an author I will keep an eye on.