Sunday, October 9, 2011

Eat Prey Love By Kerrelyn Sparks

Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake #9)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

Wanted: Bride. Must love children. Mortals need not apply.

Carlos Panterra is looking for a mate, a woman who will love and care for the young orphans he's recently taken under his wing (or paw, as the case may be). When the shape shifter spies the beautiful Caitlyn, it's like sunshine amidst the darkness. At last, he's found the perfect woman, except . . .

Caitlyn Whelan is mortal. Worse, her father is the head of a CIA agency bent on hunting the undead. Still, Caitlyn knows that Carlos is the man for her, shape shifter or not. So she jumps at the chance when her sister offers her a job to work with him, determined to show Carlos their attraction is more than just animal magnetism. But danger lurks in the night, and their unleashed, untamed passion might just get them both killed . . .






Review

Caitlyn hasn’t seen her sister in years and her father is against her seeing her, but when she is invited to her sister Shanna’s child’s birthday she has the need to go, to see her sister again. When she arrives to see her sister, she witnesses Constantine, her sisters son “fly” and when her sister offers Caitlyn a job with the security company owned by a friend of Shanna, Caitlyn is interested as her psychic ability with languages would be a valuable asset to the company but first Shanna must tell her the truth about the people Caitlyn has met and will be working with. When Shanna has revealed the existence of vampires Caitlyn is a tad overwhelmed and she is told about what her father really does for a living and the threat he poses to Shanna’s children, husband and friends, not to mention the lies he has told comes to light through out the book. While at the party Caitlyn finds herself attracted to man, Carlos who also desires her but her sister warns her to stay away from him because of what he is;

““You have to understand, we shouldn’t anger Dad more than necessary. He’s going to be pissed if you take the job with Emma. He’s already furious that I’m married to a vampire. If he finds out that you’re involved with a shape shifter-“
“I know,” Caitlyn muttered. “He’ll have kittens.”
Shanna snorted, “No, Cait. You would have kittens. Carlos is a were-panther.””

When Caitlyn returns back home her father tried to recruit her into his business, killing vampires but she refuses to go along with it, she doesn’t want to be a part of the hate so she returns to Romatech Industries to see her sister and accept the security job. The more Carlos and Caitlyn find themselves in situations together, the more the heat grows between them, but nothing can come of it, due to were-panthers being rare Carlos needs to find a were-panther mate to save his species, he has no choice. But Caitlyn refuses to give up on Carlos, and it’s a good thing that she doesn’t. There are some great steamy scenes in this book and lots of action and emotion, I had been putting off reading this and I regret doing so, this book took turns I truly wasn't expecting. I really loved the ending, it was perfect and satisfying. I would give this more of a four and a half stars, at some points I found myself skipping a little so it lost a half star for that but other than that it couldn't have been any better. Kerrelyn Sparks knows how to write paranormal romance just right.





Rating: ««««

10 comments:

Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

I love Kerrelyn Sparks!

Jet said...

She is brilliant :) The way she writes just captures you right from the start.

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

I won this book a month ago, sadly though I haven't started the series yet :( So I have some major catching up to do, but I hear so many great things about this series, I had to get this book. Great review hon, time to put her in my library queue :)

Jet said...

The great thing about this series is that they don't have to be read in order! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting :D

Tyraa said...

I haven't read a Kerellyn spark book but she's on my tbr pile!

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

@Jet - I like reading series in order, but if that is the case, I will crack this open quickly. Thanks so much for telling me hon :)

Jet said...

I prefer to read a series in order a well but I couldn't find the first few books in my local bookstore so I had no choice lol Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did ;)

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

@Jet - Sucks you couldn't find the other books :( I always try the library first LOL! I am sure I will love this after all the great things I hear about this author and her books. Thanks again hon :)

kimba88 said...

This book looks yummy. I love paranormal romance, but review all genres. I am now following you. Stop by for coffee and check out my book review blog @
http://kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/
or facebook blog a@
https://www.facebook.com/kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer

Jet said...

I'm sure I will get all the books eventually, just have to keep a keen eye out haha I don't like to borrow books, I always end up wanting to keep them...Yet I cannot. So sad.

Paranormal Romance is my favourite genre. Following you back Kimba :)