Monday, November 21, 2011

Revenge Is Sweet, A Kali Sweet Urban Fantasy Story By Misty Evans

Revenge is Sweet, a Kali Sweet Urban Fantasy Story (Kali Sweet Series)

*Provided by Author for review*

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Description:

Payback is a bitch and her name is Kali Sweet...

I’m Kali Sweet, the best damn vengeance demon on Earth. I work for the supernatural world’s Justice Department and protect innocent humans from otherworldly creatures like me. While I can’t take revenge for myself, I make sure justice is done for others.

But when my latest run-in with Chicago’s vampire king backfires, the fallout leaves me with three big problems: a powerful Undead enemy who wants my head, my boss looking over my shoulder, and three personal blood slaves jeopardizing my reputation.

One of those slaves happens to be sexy rock star Radison Beaumont – the half-human, half-chaos demon who left me at the altar three hundred years ago. Even if he does need my blood now to survive, Rad and I will always be enemies.

Especially since he’s joined an ancient society of demon killers—and I’m the number one demon on their most wanted list.






Review

Kali’s life is pretty straightforward, protect the innocent and kill the bad guys. She is a vengeance demon and a bad-ass one at that;

“While I looked like a male fantasy come to life in my short leather skirt, thigh-high boots and Red Riding Hood cape, they knew a true badass when they saw one.”

Things start to go to hell when her ex makes a reappearance, Rad, the man who stood her up at the altar a couple of hundred years ago, but not all is what it seems with Rad for he turns out to be a demon slayer. You would think that would be all the drama that could happen to one person, but Kali gets captured by Nudra and fed upon by a shifter and a witch wanting to be more powerful, which ends up putting Kali is some real trouble that seems to be never ending. There is heaps of stuff going on in this, lots of twists and turns and new plot thickening drama happening left right and center, which I found a tad hard to keep up with at times. I wanted so badly for Kali and Rad to sort everything out in this, the ending really left you hanging and begging for more to see what happens with them. I got hooked right from the start but I got a little uninterested in the middle, it seems like too much was happening all at once, it was hard to keep track of but I got back into it at the end. I’m not as big an urban fantasy lover as some, I like a bit more romance to my books but for those who are I think they will really enjoy reading this. I would give this one three and a half stars if I was able, three just doesn't do it justice.





Rating: «««

No comments: