Sunday, January 29, 2012

Storm Born Vol. 1 (Comic) By Richelle Mead, Grant Alter, Dave Hamann

Storm Born (Storm Born comic #1)

*Submitted for review from publisher*

Genre: Comic/Graphic Novel

Description:

Eugenie Markham never asked for any of this. Until now, she's been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing Otherworldly creatures. When a prophecy suddenly makes her the Otherworld's most popular bachelorette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off unwanted supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that begin emerging from her past...






Review:

 I read the book and loved it and reading the comic/graphic novel just adds that little bit of extra fun. The Dark Swan first volume really exceeded my expectations; I wasn’t sure if it would do the book justice or be a poor portrayal of a book I loved.

It’s great seeing the characters on pages in illustrated form, it’s just brilliant. Each character was captures so perfectly and I loved seeing Eugenie’s attitude leap off the page, seeing her kick-ass in comic form was something I really enjoyed.  Seeing Kiyo and Eugenie’s first encounter was great, exactly how I pictured it, though the following steamy loving faces were a little odd to me but that’s just me being nitpicky and thinking with the smutty side of my brain. The Gentry world was so beautifully done however Dorian in my mind was a little more masculine looking in comparison to the comic illustration but he was still done fairly well in this.

If you are a real Dark Swan fan then I think you would love this and even if you haven't read the books then it would still be a great read. A prime example of how a book can be done well translated into comic form. Any issues I found were very minor and mostly due to my own imagining of certain things, nothing to do with the comic itself. I need to get my hands on a hard copy because this something I need to have to go with my Dark Swan books and add to my collection. Can’t wait to see how the rest of the volumes turn out, if they end up being anything like this, I will be one happy reader.




Rating:
«««««

No comments: