Thursday, February 23, 2012

Caressed By Ice By Nalini Singh

Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

As an Arrow, an elite soldier in the Psy Council ranks, Judd Lauren was forced to do terrible things in the name of his people. Now he is a defector, and his dark abilities have made him the most deadly of assassins - cold, pitiless, unfeeling. Until he meets Brenna...

Brenna Shane Kincaid was an innocent before she was abducted - and had her mind violated - by a serial killer. Her sense of evil runs so deep, she fears she could become a killer herself. Then the first dead body is found, victim of a familiar madness. Judd is her only hope, yet her sensual changeling side rebels against the inhuman chill of his personality, even as desire explodes between them. Shocking and raw, their passion is a danger that threatens not only their hearts, but their very lives...




Review

 Unfortunately this read didn’t live up to my expectations. I have been looking forward to reading a Psy-Changeling book for quite a while now and I have heard and read so many great things about this series beforehand, sadly I was left wondering what all the hype was about. I think it was the cold nature of Judd throughout the most part of the read that I lost interest with, though I understand that it was part of his “training” or what have you, it made it harder to connect with him and therefore with the story itself. I also wasn’t keen on how everyone felt the need to coddle Brenna, even though she had been through a vicious experience at the hands of a psychopath, she grew and was strong enough to fend for herself yet was continually kept in a cage by her brothers and those who believed that is what needed to be done and was best for her.

I tend to like a lot of steam and romance in my reads and this one was more based around character development and grow then any else though towards the end of the read things get more heated, I think I enjoyed reading the epilogue at the end more than I did the rest of the book itself. I think that is one of the things that I was expecting more of in this book, more heat and passion. This wouldn’t stop me from reading the other books in the series however; it was an original read and did have some good points, I enjoyed finding out the finer details about Judd and his abilities and I was happy to see Brenna and Judd’s relationship finally come together. I am curious to find out what the other books have in store for me.




Rating: «««

No comments: