Friday, April 6, 2012

Death Wish By Danielle Blanchard Benson

Death Wish (The Vamp Saga #1)

*Submitted for review by Author*

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Description:

Welcome to Las Vegas in the year 2020.

The cold war between mortals and vampires has ended ... the vampires won and now they control the most powerful organizations in the world which include the Global Six, the pharmaceutical industry, the gaming industry and banking.

Manon Mourey is a half-breed (too bad she doesn't know it) and one of the most powerful vamps in the world, Mikkel Damgaard, has eyes only for her. She holds the key to a dream most vampires have had since they were turned... yet her secret to changing the undead into Day Walkers could spark a war on the International Vampire Council... and soon ensnare the whole entire world.

This book is not YA friendly, contains a lot of profanity, a bit of snark, and has a few choice scenes of sex and death. It is not for the faint of heart.







Review

This read is full of bad-ass vampire action, no wussy vampires in sight. It was a little slow at the start, you have a rather large chunk of information thrust upon you and it is a little taxing to get through it but once you do, you get quite caught up in the story. There were some twists and turns throughout the read that I didn’t see coming, I don’t think I have ever come across a vampire read quite like this one, which was refreshing. The characters were easy to keep up with and even though at times information was thrown at you, it wasn’t detrimental to the flow of the read.

I have to say at the start, I liked Mikkel, but towards the end, I didn’t like him, I found him frustrating, he seems to be full of secrets that he is unwilling to share with Manon, though he does have his moments that are caring, I guess I just wish he was more forthcoming with information to Manon. It was fantastic when Manon kicked Zahara‘s butt! Manon is powerful and strong and I think if she really wanted to, she could become the leader over all the vampires, she is my kind of woman. This is one for the true vampire read lovers, who don’t want a light-hearted, romancey, light read, but want something more. I would give this 3 and a half stars if I could.





Rating: «««

No comments: