Friday, April 13, 2012

Demonically Tempted By Stacey Kennedy

Demonically Tempted (Frostbite #2)

*Submitted by Author for review*

Genre: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy

Description:

Tess Jennings, now a member of the Memphis Police Department, is on her first cold case. The suspected suicide of Lizbeth Knapp ten years ago isn’t a theory her family accepts—they believe she was murdered.

But the case is only one of Tess’s worries. Ghosts are talking, and word of her abilities rapidly spreads. A dark ghost is terrifying the spirits of Memphis, and she must force the entity to cross over.

Tess doesn’t have to do this alone. Not only does she have her ghost-lover, Kipp McGowen, but the department has brought in a medium. Dane Wolfe might answer all her questions, but he also brings a world of trouble. Will Tess finally have all she’s ever wanted, or will everything she’s vowed to protect be ripped away?






Review
 
I haven’t read the first in the series “Supernaturally” which did effect my enjoyment of the story a little as I didn’t quite understand the whole background of Kipp and Tess, as well as the Hannah situation being mentioned which I don’t know about due to the lack of reading of the first one, but over all I still got into the story. However I would suggest reading the first one beforehand to help understand what is going on and the characters, not a series you can really read out of order.

I quite enjoy books with a psychic edge; characters with extra abilities just do it for me. I don’t believe I have never come across a book where a ghost is someone’s boyfriend before, but I sure loved it, great idea and the steamy scenes were something to behold, whew! That is one thing you can count on with a Stacey Kennedy read, great steamy scenes. I really hated Dane’s character, Tess really should have listened to Kipp’s warnings more, he knew all along, right from the get go, that Dane was bad news, he is such a sneaky know-it-all, just couldn’t stand Dane one bit, I was half hoping the Demon would get him and teach him a lesson. I tell you, this book has one hell of an ending! A real cliff-hanger! You have been warned.





Rating: ««««

2 comments:

Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

You must go back and read the first book. It just makes it so much better. I love Stacey books. And the cliffhanger in this book was tough! hard to wrap up I felt about it.

Jet said...

That is true. The cliffhanger still gets me! Can't get it out of my head!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)