Monday, April 23, 2012

Lover Reborn By J.R. Ward

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. The city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Now back in the Brotherhood – and unrecognisable as the vampire leader he once was – Tohrment is physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair. When he begins to see his beloved in his dreams – trapped in a cold, isolating netherworld – Tohr turns to a self-serving fallen angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost.

When he’s told he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed…Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past, and a very hot, passion-filled future… but can his heart let go and set all of them free?







Review

Tohrment has always been my favourite brother and I was so excited to read his book, I was not disappointed. There were so many challenges faced by the brothers and associates in this installment, but none more than Tohrment, him finally having to face the fact that Wellsie is gone and that she isn’t going to come back; finally seeing that by doing what he was doing and taking the path that he was, he was hurting himself and everyone around him. When I first heard about who Tohrment’s HEA round two would be, I wasn’t all on board with the plan, I was happy that Tohrment would find someone to be with and help him cope with the loss off Wellsie but I wasn’t sure that No’One was the right choice; but as the story progressed and her nature was revealed, I was glad that they got together. I also found myself really loving Lassiter in this! He may be jerky sometimes but you can see that he means well;

“My name’s Lassiter, and I’ll tell you all you need to know about me. I’m an angel first and a sinner second, and I’m not here for long. I’ll never hurt you, but I’m prepared to make you pretty goddamn uncomfortable if I have to, to get my job done. I like sunsets and long walks on the beach, but my perfect female no longer exists. Oh, and my favorite hobby is annoying the shit out of people. Guess I’m just bred to want to get a rise out of folks—probably the whole resurrection thing.”

I hope Lassiter gets his own book; he deserves to find someone to be with. The whole John and Xhex situation was a total mess, both of them seemed to get caught up in the drama of getting what they wanted instead of coming together and compromising to find a solution, would have saved a lot of heartache, but luckily it all worked out in the end. Holy smokes Qhuinn and Layla! That is all I have to say about that, well...Maybe not all I have to say, even though I hate that it happened, I can see it really being a turning point for both Qhuinn and Blay, I can’t wait to read more about these two when they get their own book, they might just end up being my favourite gay book couple ever when they finally do wake up to themselves. I just loved this book, I love everything J.R. Ward, it is impossible not to, an emotional rollercoaster that I didn’t want to get off.





Rating:
«««««

7 comments:

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

YAY! I knew you would love it too. It is official for sure, Lassiter was a show stopper. He truly does deserve his own book. I can't wait to see what kind of girl would end up with him LOL! I was always on board with No'One. I was just dying to see how Tohr and No'One would break each others' shells really. I absolutely loved this book too. I want more even more of the B.O.B. They scare me, but they are very interesting villains. Great review hon. Talk later :)

Jet said...

I really did love it! The girl who ends up with Lassiter would be a real piece of work herself I would imagine, she'd be a kick-ass woman who wouldn't take crap from anyone hehe I haven't really gotten into the B.O.B yet, but it's true, they are very interesting villians.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I love getting comments :D

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

It was amazing for sure. I know right? The girl that Lassiter ends up with would have to be pretty epic. I hope she has a sense of humor like him too, that would be amazing. I like the B.O.B. a lot. They are great villains. You are more than welcome hon. Sorry I haven't been around much :( Talk later hon. I am reading Fifty Shades of Grey too. What do you think of it so far?

Jet said...

To be honest I haven't even started on Fifty Shades of Grey yet, I am really hesitant about reading it, with a lot of people having mixed feelings about it. Will just have to wait and see how it goes I guess, I purchased all three books in the series at once so I hope they are good otherwise I'll be mighty disappointed lol

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

Sorry I missed that. I am going to start having follow up comments emailed to me LOL! I was hesitant too. But the book was better than I thought, I am dying to start book 2. Bit I understand. I was scared to start it since I heard some things. I already wrote my review. Can't wait to post it. I hope you like it. That is my first experience with BDSM, I am not as frightened about it as I think I should be LMAO! Thanks again hon :)

Jet said...

I'm officially starting Fifty Shades of Grey!
I can't wait to read what you thought of it in your review, I'll have to keep an eye out for it in my feed. Oo your first BDSM read! Hopefully not your last, though by the sounds of it I don't think it will be your last for sure. I for one, am not ashamed to say I like me some BDSM in my books ;P hehe Though some BDSM reads are rather scary lol

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

YAY! No it isn't my last, you are right :) But if you are use to BDSM, I don't think this will scare that much LOL! I can't wait to hear what you thought too :)