Friday, May 25, 2012

18+ Book Blogger Follow

25.05.2012









Question of the Week

"Do you feel the need to write a review for your personal reads, as oppose to requested reviews, or are there some books you read just for the joy of reading?"





I like to write reviews for my personal reads so I can share my thoughts on the book and maybe even inspire someone else to pick up the book if it was a particularly good one that isn't widely known or popular. I also find writing reviews for my personal reads helpful when deciding if I want to go back and read a book, or if it is time to clear out my piles of books and make room for more to decide which to get rid of and which to keep (Though it is very rarely that I get rid of any, it is just so hard to part with any of my precious books!)

9 comments:

Book Savvy Babe said...

great point about writing reviews so you can look back. I often look to my old review when I'm picking up the next book in the series or whatnot. Book Savvy Babe

Sisters Unedited said...

I agree with the books that are less known. I love to find those little nuggets of pure gold and share with friends. Do you also write reviews for books that you didn't like?

To Review or Not to Review that is the Question

Amanda @ Sisters Unedited

Fiona Druce said...

I love reviewing smaller books and spreading the word. It's the best gift ever, IMHO!

In fact, I've found some of my favorite books that way!

Truth be told, when I go on my Nook to buy a new book, I rarely buy it just because of the blurb. Most of the time, I buy it because of the reviews that are left on it.

Having that objective view is great when you're on the cusp, too.

Tena said...

I love bloggers who remember the smaller known books... it's awesome to help the unknowns become known!!!

Happy {almost} Friday!

Jet said...

Thanks so much for stopping by everyone :)

I sure do Amanda! Though I don't find a book I don't like very often, I review them honestly and like I would any other book.

Neyra said...

Agreed ^-^ People need to know how amazing a lot of books are! Lol And like you, I can't seem to part with any of my books either >.< lOl

Claire said...

lol my thoughts exactly.

I'm a new follower and here is mine if you get chance to stop by Claire's Book Corner

Have a great weekend.

Em said...

Totally agree with you.

Jet said...

Neyra, it is the curse of the book obsessed, not being able to part with their books hehe

Thanks for following me Claire, I was already following you :P

I appreciate all the comments and everyone stopping by, thanks so much!! :D