Monday, May 28, 2012

Blood Lust Rising By Fayth Devlin

Blood Lust Rising (The Vampire Queen Trilogy #1)

*Submitted for review by Author*

Genre:
Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy


Description:

Vampire Queen and Demon son – Together they will wreak havoc and total destruction. Or at least, that’s what the prophecy says. When a sex-seething succubus focuses in on Ella Grey, a half-breed vampire and her Shadow Hunting partner, Micah McGregor, a power is released neither can control or comprehend.

A chain of events is triggered, forcing Ella and Micah down a shadowed path riddled with unrestrained passion, violence and betrayal. The truth of Micah’s demonic origins will reveal a heart-breaking conspiracy within the Shadow Agency that once swore to protect humanity from vampires and demons. Ella and Micah are proof that nothing is as it appears.







Review 

I think the best way to start off this review is to say hot damn! There is some steam in this, I loved Micah, what a man. This read has all the elements of a great urban fantasy mixed in with some romance and plenty of heat, my favourite combination. Right from the start it was filled with action and you got a taste of what you were in for. Micah and Ella, two kick-ass people who seemingly at first glance despise each other but deep down there is an attraction which comes to light after a thought to be succubus curses them, little do they know that it is all part of a prophecy.

The tension and chemistry between Micah and Ella was brilliant, the way they got together and the circumstances surrounding it all I found just perfect. There was no lack of twists and turns to keep you interested and enthralled in the read and even though it was rather short, at the end you felt satisfied and eager to read about what happens next in the second installment. I am really curious to find out who Micah’s father is and how he and Ella will cope with the deal they made with Julian. I am hoping that Julian gets what he deserves, a slow painful death of some description, he is one messed up and cruel vampire, I hope it’s Ella who shows him no mercy after all that he did her. I am also intrigued to see if a relationship blossoms between Eli and Hannah, they seem so cute together and if Eli will be able to handle his newfound form that he has been forced to live with.

Overall this read didn’t let me down one bit and met my expectations, I can’t think of any negatives except that I wish it had been longer, but that is just me being greedy for more steamy Micah and Ella action! I give this four and a half stars, bordering very close to five stars.





Rating:
««««

4 comments:

Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

Okay I think I need to check this book out. Great Review!!

Jet said...

Thanks Amber!
I think I am going to go back myself and re-read this one, particularly the steamy scenes ;)

Braine @ Talk Supe said...

Same here, this sounds like my kind of erotica :) Thanks for sharing this find Jet

Talk Supe

Jet said...

My pleasure, thank you for stopping by and commenting Braine :D