Saturday, May 19, 2012

Fifty Shades Darker By E.L. James

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades #2)

Genre: Erotic Romance

Description:

Daunted by the dark secrets of the tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Ana Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a US publishing house.

But desire for Grey still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, she cannot resist. Soon she is learning more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades than she ever thought possible.

But while Grey wrestles with his inner demons, Ana must make the most important decision of her life. And it's a decision she can only make on her own ...








Review

The word to best describe this book, even this whole series...Intense.

We find out about why Christian is the way he is, why he finds it so hard to be touched and to be loved. It is so heartbreaking what he had to go through and shocking as to why he goes after a particular type of woman and why he first wanted Ana as his Submissive. Christian grows so much throughout this book from where he started; he is open to being vulnerable with Ana, letting his guard down, the scene where he falls to him knees in front of Ana, begging her to stay was such a touching moment, it was a real turning point. Ana also has so growth, finding a compromise of sorts with Christian, meeting him half-way with his likes, not just for him but also for herself. I teared up countless times while reading this, these books just effect me, the emotion is so well done, it’s raw and believable.

The situation with Leila, that was disturbing. She was so lost and broken, even though Christian had so feelings or interest in her, it showed the kind of man that he is deep down that he still got her the help she needed to stop her self-destructive behaviour. The whole Mrs. Robinson thing, I couldn’t believe it. I was so glad that Ana finally got Elena to reveal her true colours and Christian got to see what Ana was talking about and why she didn’t like her being around him. The cliff-hanger ending! Oh my gosh, there is some real trouble brewing. These books, right when they end they tease you and you can’t help but pick up the next. There was just so much I loved about this book, and loving about this trilogy, there isn’t enough words. I can’t believe I am about to start on the last book, I don’t know what I am going to do when I am finished, all I know is that I need more.





Rating: «««««

2 comments:

Braine @ Talk Supe said...

there is not enough words for me to rave about this series! It's nothing like Twilight (thank god!). I love the showdown between Grace & Mrs. Robinson :D

Talk Supe

Jet said...

That is so true! I am trying to write my review for the last book but there is just so much I want to say but I can't find the words.
It really is nothing like Twilight. I loved that part as well, booo! Mrs. Robinson!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)