Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fifty Shades Of Grey By E.L. James

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1)

Genre: Erotic Romance

Description:

When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.

The unworldly, innocent Ana is shocked to realize she wants this man, and when he warns her to keep her distance it only makes her more desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her - but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey's singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving adoptive family – Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a passionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own dark desires, as well as the Christian Grey hidden away from public scrutiny.

Can their relationship transcend physical passion? Will Ana find it in herself to submit to the self-indulgent Master? And if she does, will she still love what she finds?





Review 



Two words really sum up this book for me; Holy. Crap.

Where to start; I can see why everyone is swooning over Christian, wow! He may be messed up and seemingly that having a lot to do with his mysterious past and his scars; but he is a charmer and deep down very caring and vulnerable behind his steely demeanour. He needs so much healing and I really think Ana is the girl to help him do just that. Ana I really liked, I connected with her character right from the start and it swept me up into the read. I felt her sadness, especially at the end, I teared up, I felt her heartbreak, that is the mark of a great book.

There had been quite a bit of controversy surrounding this read, but if you put all of that aside, forget about the criticism and hype, just read the book and take it for what it is like I did, I think that you will love it. As soon as I finished this I started on the second in the series, I am hooked; so glad that I got all three of the books at once, I wouldn’t have been able to wait to see what happens next. There is something about the way that this book is written that I can only describe as, well, honest and I just can’t get enough of it, I have such high hopes for the rest in the series.






Rating: «««««


8 comments:

kimba88 said...

Great review..i had no intention of ever reading these but my 68 yr old mother floored me..when she told me i just had to read them...they were awesome...lol

Jet said...

Your mother sounds like an interesting woman hehe She is on the Fifty Shades bandwagon!
I keep trying to get my mum to read, with no success.

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting :D

Teddyree said...

Loved your review and that's good advice "forget the criticism and hype, just read the book"
I have all 3 books too so I'm keen to make a start, when I've finished Insurgent LOL

Jet said...

Thanks Teddyree, it's nice to hear from you :)
I had put off buying these books sooner by listening to the criticism and hype, but I am glad that I finally took my own advice and stopped. Almost finished the second already, I am addicted to this trilogy.

I have been meaning to get my hands on a copy of Divergent to start the series seeing as it has been getting so many great reviews, so many books I want! hehe

Viktoria Bruce said...

Fab review :-) You're going to fly through the next two books-they're amazing! And at the end of Fifty Shades Freed you get to hear from Christians POV, it's great :-)

Jet said...

I really am flying through them, you are right. I was trying to pace myself but I just can't help it, I must know how it all ends! Ooo Christians POV! I am looking forward to reading that part :D

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Tyraa said...

I haven't read this series yet because of all the hype, but maybe I should just jump in and give it a go?

Jet said...

Definitely Tyraa! Most of the bad hype is all rubbish and I don't see the "Twilight" connection it is suppose to have at all, if you love a story with a tortured hero give it a go :)