Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Flesh Fantasy By Maya DeLeina

Flesh Fantasy (Ambrose Heights Vampires #1)

*Submitted for review by Author*

Genre:  Erotic Paranormal Romance

Description:

Tonight, Rain Calisto searches for her man, and Rhys Matthews comes into focus. He is well-built and sinisterly sexy. In the same Denver nightclub, Armand Anastasio searches for his woman—Rain. But the men are more than gorgeous. They are vampires, and they are unmated.

A chance encounter lands Rhys and Rain together. Their attraction remains undeniably powerful and they fall prey to lust. With each passionate tryst, Rhys senses a connection that goes beyond the flesh. Unbeknownst to Rhys, Rain is a diabetic. Her insulin alters her biological makeup, disguising a revelation he isn’t quite prepared for.

Rain is Rhys's fated mate.

As they struggle with this knowledge, another bombshell is dropped. Rain’s insulin-laced tissue creates a rare vampiric blood that can fetch a hefty profit, and Armand has always known this. Is his attraction to Rain genuine, or is he just out for her blood?

This is the diary of Rain and Rhys. Recorded here is their transformation from a flesh fantasy to eternal love.






Review

Before I knew it, it was over! The story just seemed to fly by; I was captured by the story right from the start. Character names for me in a read play a big influence in my enjoyment of it, I loved how the lead female character’s name was Rain, it was just perfect. I found the story at little up and down at times, but it still kept my interest throughout. The steamy scenes in this! Whew! Really well-written, they aren’t cheesy or generic, that is for certain. There is no denying the sexual chemistry between Rhys and Rain, even though it just started off as some fun between the two, they really make a great pair. The vampire elements were great in this and I liked how when a human changed into a vampire that their eye colour changed to their true personality trait, that was brilliant and I can’t recall ever coming across something like that before;

“When a human transforms to a vampire, their eyes do a color inversion. We like to equate it to the eyes being the window to the soul. Whatever was engrained in their moral fiber as a human reflects during the turning in the eyes.”

This read was full of surprises; just when I thought the story was nearing its end, bam! A plot twist comes out of nowhere and you are swept up in the thrill of it all. I couldn’t believe what Adriana had done, she was nuts! Genius you have to admit for how she went about her plan, but totally nuts and of course evil. I wanted Rhys to kick Armand from here to eternity for what he did to Rain, but I guess I will have to wait and see what the next installment in the series has in store and if Armand will get what he deserves. I have to say now that I have finished it, I have the urge to go back and read it again.





Rating: ««««

No comments: