Friday, May 4, 2012

The Perfect Play By Jaci Burton

The Perfect Play (Play by Play #1)

Genre: Romance

Description:

Football pro Mick Riley is an all-star, both on the field and in the bedroom. But a sexy, determinedly single mom just might be the one to throw him off his game...

For years Mick has been taking full advantage of the life available to a pro athlete: fame, fortune, and a different girl in every city. But when he meets and beds confident, beautiful event planner Tara Lincoln, he wants much more than the typical one-night stand. Too bad Tara's not interested in getting to know football's most notorious playboy any better.

As the single mother of a teenage son, the last thing Tara needs is the jet-set lifestyle of Mick Riley; even though their steamy and passionate one-night stand was unforgettable. Tara's life is complicated enough without being thrust into the spotlight as Mick's latest girl du jour. Tara played the game of love once and lost big, and she doesn't intend to put herself out there again, especially with a heartbreaker like Mick.

But when Mick sets his mind to win, nothing will stop him. And he has the perfect play in mind.






Review

I really loved the set-up of this read, the famous football player and the event planner with a secret. I was a little worried that the leading man, Mick, would be all arrogant and selfish which really turns me off a book right away, but he was caring, soft and misunderstood at times, especially by Tara. Liz was a real pill! She was just horrible, letting her power go to her head and instead of focusing on what was best for Mick or what he wanted, she was going after what she thought was best for his career and hers. I was glad when Mick finally woke up to what she was doing and that keeping her around would only prevent him from finding any happiness. Tara was a little irritating at times, mainly with her not trusting Mick but that was understandable with her past and what she has had to overcome, with how much she had been let down by people in the past. The relationship Mick had with his brother and his family was wonderful and really added a nice element to the story.

When Tara and Mick went their separate ways I was shocked! But I was glad that it worked out in the end and it allowed Tara to let her guard down and see that she really could trust Mick and Nathan now has a male role model in his life to look up to. The way it was written let the story flow and develop; nothing felt forced or rushed. I loved this read from start to finish and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next one in the series. I would give this four and a half stars if I could.




Rating: ««««

2 comments:

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

I really wanted to read this because that cover is absolutely mouth watering. But it sounds like an amazing read. I have been stumbling on some really great contemporary reads and this sounds like one of them. Awesome review hon. Thank you, already on my wishlist :)

Jet said...

The cover is very drool worthy. I always had a nice stare at the cover during reading breaks ;)
I can't seem to find many sports themed romance reads, I wish there were more out there as great as this one was.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I love it! :D