Monday, May 14, 2012

Veil Of Seduction By Maya DeLeina

Veil of Seduction (Ambrose Heights Vampires #2)

*Submitted for review by Author*

Genre:
Erotic Paranormal Romance


Description:

A newborn vampire. A powerful leader. An inconsolable woman. The shaping of their eternity all lies within the eyes.

Steffan Matthews is the devastatingly handsome vampire leader of Ambrose Heights. He cultivates social order and invents concoctions that allow vampires to feel human once again.

But Steffan also has a devouring obsession that brings him to his knees. Her name is Anya. Steffan sets out to claim Anya, a mortal ripe for the taking, as his mate. But the blackness in the eyes of his newborn should’ve served as a warning. Anya is off-limits according to the vampire creed.

It will take the strength of the kinship, the purity of love, a hint of magic, and a subterranean guardian to shield Steffan against the wrath of Ryan Evans, protect him from the fate of the Nemesis, and bridge a passage to his rightful destiny.





Review

I loved this one more than I did the first. It was seriously addictive, a little slow to start but once the story got going, it was hard to pace myself I couldn’t stop reading it, I had to find out how everything was going to turn out. This author is a woman who knows how to write a creative steamy-hot love scene, I mean whoa! The scene with the long strands of white material hanging from a mirror suspended from the ceiling that was something to read! A scene that I sure won’t be forgetting anytime soon. I really loved Anya, she was fierce and she could hold her own, when she attacked Ryan I was like, hell yeah! Kick his cheating lying ass! I was glad that by the end, he got what he deserved. There were also some nice elements of humour in the read which I really liked when Steffan had a "seizure" while watching Anya and being left with wet pants after said "seizure";

“Steffan leaned back to look at his crotch. “Eilian?” His arms and hands were frozen in front of him. He was stuck in a position as if he was preparing to catch something.
“Yes?”
“I believe I just came in my pants.”


The one thing about this read, much like the first in the series, is that there were many twists and turns, lots of unexpected surprises. With what happened with Madeline, how she deceived the council members causing Steffan to be in a deadly predicament, I had tears in my eyes the whole time, it isn’t very often that a book causes me to tear up but this one did it not only in that scene, but in another towards the end as well, but I won’t give that one away. A seriously great read that I enjoyed from start to finish.




Rating: «««««

3 comments:

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

Oh boy this sounds sexy and funny all at once. I like it. This series is new to me and I like that this book made you emotional. It makes me want to read it more. Thanks a million hon. Talk later :)

Jet said...

Oh it is a very sexy book ;)
I really enjoyed this one, I may have to go back and read it again soon, the steam in this, the steam!
I didn't expect to get emotional about it, really caught me by surprise.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I love it when you do :D

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

It sounds very sexy. I am working on getting more Amazon gift cards to get more books. I might move this up on the wishlist. I really love the emotional part as well. Really means that you were really invested in the characters and that is always a major plus. Thanks a million again hon. I love leaving comments, I just wish I had enough time to do it LOL!