Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Avenger's Angel By Heather Killough-Walden

Avenger's Angel (Lost Angels #1)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

When four female angels were created for the archangels Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Azrael, a chaos spurned by jealousy erupted, and the archesses were secreted to Earth. The four favored archangels followed, prompting a search that has lasted millennia. But for Uriel, the former Archangel of vengeance, the search ends the moment he lays eyes on Eleanor Granger, his one true archess. Can he protect her from the danger lying in wait for her - and win her heart?





Review 

The read was low to start and I was getting worried that this was going to be one of those book that I had to force myself to endure and finish, which at times I did have to do. I found all the characters a little hard to keep up with and remember their real names and roles which affected my enjoyment of the read and the ability to get truly enveloped by the story. At about half-way through I was almost prepared to give up, but I stuck with it. I finally started to find the story interesting at about chapter eight when things started to pick up and I started enjoying it. Samuel was the most irritating character in existence! He kept getting in the way and just wouldn’t stay away and let Uriel have his Archess. The steamy scene between Uriel and Eleanore was very well written, it wasn't cheesy or just there for the sake of it which is a plus.

I am so torn. I really wanted to love this, one look at the cover and how pretty it was and I had such high hopes but as it turned out, it was a case of you can’t judge a book by its cover. I would attempt to read the next in the series, but I won’t be rushing out to buy it anytime soon.






Rating: «««

5 comments:

Bianca said...

It sounds like an interesting read so it is a bummer to hear it was hard to get into at times. I think I will add it to my tbr list and check it out though. Thanks for the review :)

Jet said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Bianca :)
It wasn't a bad read by any means, it just had some problems that made it hard for me to enjoy the book. I hope when you get around to reading it you like it more than I did.

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

I got this through Netgalley a few months back and missed part 2. I liked it, but it did need some work. I agree about Sam, he was so meddlesome. But I did think he was a good villain. I actually had a problem with the steamy scene. That was one of my complaints. I didn't like the way he was compelling her during it. What was the point in that? I agree, it does start off a bit slow, but I like the way it progressed. Not a bad book, but I hear what you are saying. Great review hon. Thanks for sharing :)

Jet said...

That is true, Sam's a good villian and every book needs a bad guy for everyone to dislike but are secretly fond of hehe I think he was compelling her so she wouldn't feel pain from what I can remember? I'm just a big ol' smut fiend so if there is steam, I'm all for it lol For sure, it isn't a bad book by any means, it just fell short for me.
Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting :D

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

I thought Sam was great, just overbearing. I don't remember the pain thing and even so, did he need to take complete control like that? I don't know, I just thought that part was a little unneccessary. I like smut too, but they were both head over heels for each other, it could have played out naturally. As natural as it can be for a vampire/angel LOL! But it isn't a bad book for sure. Hell, I would read it again. I will check reviews for book 2. I am sure it will get better :) No problem hon and thanks again :)