Thursday, June 21, 2012

Caressed By Night By Amanda J. Greene

Caressed by Night (Rulers of Darkness #2)

*Submitted for review by Author*

Genre:
Paranormal Romance


Description:

Dimitri Arsov, the last remaining pure vampire, was thought to be dead for the past four hundreds years. Now, he is back and has a score to settle with the traitor that had tried to kill him centuries ago. But as he waits for his prey to blindly step into his carefully laid trap, his overwhelming hunger for blood is triggered when he saves a beautiful art historian.

Kerstyn Ingmar’s life was normal and straight up boring until the night she is rescued by the dangerously sexy, powerfully mesmerizing, Dimitri. Unable to resist his diamond blue eyes and intense kisses, she is drawn into his world of darkness and closer to her impending doom.

While their desire consumes them, Dimitri is haunted by images of a bloody and deadly future. As his enemies draw near, he must find a way to save his mate from her destiny before fate destroys them both.







Review

 If you haven’t read the first in this series all I have to say is get reading! This second installment in the Rulers Of Darkness series was fantastic, even better than the first. Though you could read these books out of order, similarly to the Black Dagger Brotherhood books, it doesn’t detrimentally effect the enjoyment of the series if you read it out of order but you would understand the other characters that get mentioned more if you did.

I couldn’t beleive that Kerstyn’s so called best friend Denise would take the word of her scum-bag boyfriend over her, that was low but it led Kerstyn to Dimitri so it’s not all bad. I wish when she called up Kerstyn because she finally had the guts to break-up with Bobby and he left her stranded at a bar that she had hung-up the phone and left Denise to sort out her own way home, she didn’t think twice about kicking Kerstyn out with no place to live but she expected sympathy when her poor judgement left her hard-up? Please.

I loved Dimitri, he’s alpha male without being over the top or crazy possessive. To sum it all up Dimitri is one sexy vampire and he and Kerstyn shared some real steamy moments together. I felt so much for Gabriel in this, I want him to find his happy ending so much, he deserves it especially after what he did for Kerstyn. I can always tell when I really enjoyed a book when I start rambling in my review, which I started to do a bit here. What can I say? This book is everything that I love about paranormal romance reads in one, loved every moment.





Rating: «««««

6 comments:

Braine @ Talk Supe said...

Sold on BDB!

This is the first time I've seen this but your comparison to BDB means it's worth checking out.

Talk Supe

Jet said...

The main character in this one, Dimitri, reminded me so much of Wrath!
The first in the series is more historical but this one is set in modern times. Which made me enjoy it more as I'm not much for historical, though the first one was still great. :)

thanks for stopping by.

Wickedly Delicious said...

I have read the first book and enjoyed it. I look forward to reading this one. I have it on my to buy TBR pile. Great review.

Have a great weekend
Wickedly Delicious

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

Did someone say Black Dagger Brotherhood? Well that is all I need to know LOL! Great review. This sounds like music to my ears and Dimitri sounds delicious. Thanks so much hon :)

Jet said...

I hope when you get around to reading it you enjoy it as much as I did Wickedly Delicious! :)

haha I know what you mean Diana. Whenever I see Black Dagger Brotherhood in a review it instantly sparks my interest. After all, it is one of the greatest series of all time!

Thank-you both so much for visiting and commenting.

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

LOL! Exactly! BDB was my introduction into PNR really and after that, I have been hunting for books just like that series. It really is one of the best series out there, so if this is just as good, I am so on board. Thank you hon and you are more than welcome *hugs*