Sunday, June 24, 2012

Comfort Food By Kitty Thomas

Comfort Food

Genre: Dark Erotica

Description:

Emily Vargas has been taken captive. As part of his conditioning methods, her captor refuses to speak to her, knowing how much she craves human contact. He's far too beautiful to be a monster. Combined with his lack of violence toward her, this has her walking a fine line at the edge of sanity. Told in the first person from Emily's perspective, Comfort Food explores what happens when all expectations of pleasure and pain are turned upside down, as whips become comfort and chicken soup becomes punishment.

DISCLAIMER:
This is not a story about consensual BDSM. This is a story about "actual" slavery. If reading an erotic story without safewords makes you uncomfortable, this is not the book for you. This is a work of fiction, and the author does not endorse or condone any behavior done to another human being without their consent.





Review
 

I don’t really know where to start off with this, probably with the fact that this isn’t a read for the light-hearted; it is quite disturbing and dark. The “Master” character was sadistic and the bond that forms between him and Emily I found difficult to understand on a general level at first but after some reflection it became easier to comprehend what the two shared. It is challenging to wrap your head around a victim needing their captor, especially to the extent of going back even after being released and having freedom. The part I just can’t get over is the manipulation aspect or the breaking of Emily, though I didn’t enjoy reading it and found it hard to take in, it was well written and the story itself is outlined perfectly.

I don’t really know how to rate this, the subject matter made it a bit rough for me to read but it was very well done. I think if you like a hardcore read or one that challenges you, then this might just be a read for you to take a chance on.






Rating: «««

3 comments:

Braine @ Talk Supe said...

I give you props for evem reading this! I am not into BDSM hemed books but this sounds HARD CORE! You need some ice cream and unicorns after this, Jet.

Jet said...

lol Thanks Braine. It was one of the more disturbing reads I have ever taken on. I like BDSM but this was a bit too intense for me. Bring on the unicorns ;P

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

Whoa! I am with Braine, I am not much for BDSM with the exception of Fifty Shades, but this seems to cross a line somewhere. I agree, only if you are into real hardcore stuff, read this. Man, you have some balls hon LOL! Awesome review hon. I think I might pass and this is coming from a horror fan that has seen plenty LOL! Thanks hon :)