Saturday, June 16, 2012

Don't Call Me Angel By Alicia Wright Brewster

Don't Call Me Angel ( Forsaken #1)

*Submitted for review by Dragonfairy Press*

Genre:
Urban Fantasy


Description:

After crawling her way out of Hell, Six is ready to cast aside her angel wings and all the responsibilities that come with them. But Earth is not as peaceful as she imagined it. Demons, dark angels, and other hell-beasties escaped before her, and they're not as content as she is to live a quiet life on Earth.

A fellow angel who escaped Hell with her commits a series of soul-murders, destroying human souls so they can't go to the afterlife. Although Six has conflicting feelings about humans, she goes after the other angel to keep their escape a secret from the one she fears most.






Review

What a great read. I loved that there were illustrations included throughout, it really added that extra bit of something and made it special, not to mention unique. Each of the characters were so well done, I liked Six and how she managed to escape from Hell with Alden, who I despised from start to finish, and how she was an angel but one with attitude. The take on angels was something that I found intriguing and different, how there were angels even in Hell who had done wrong, I liked that a lot. Reading about the classic characterisation of angels in books over and over again gets tiresome so a fresh take is always a welcomed change of pace.

The ending left me wanting more, when her husband Luke came for her and who he was, and why Six is named so; I wanted to read more and find out what Six was going to do. I’m hoping she finds another angel man pr maybe even human man, someone bad-ass to get her free of Luke; he is all kinds of bad news. I wish it had been longer, it seemed like we didn’t really get into the story until half-way through but I still enjoyed the read regardless, I think you just have to keep in mind that this is a novella. This has the potential to be a really fantastic series and I can’t wait to see where it goes. I would give this one three and a half stars bordering on four stars.





Rating: «««

4 comments:

kimbacaffeinate said...

This is the second review I have read for this novel and both raved about it. I love that the characters were well developed and that you wanted more. I am curious about the graphics. Thanks for sharing.

Jet said...

Thanks for stopping by Kimba!
I'll be hosting a giveaway & Promo spot for it soon, so stay tuned ;)

Fantasy Floozie- Kenya Wright said...

Thanks for the Awesome and informative review!!

Alicia W.B. said...

Thanks so much for the review, Jet!