Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Coveted By Shawntelle Madison

Coveted (Coveted #1)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

SOMETIMES WHAT YOU COVET IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP.

For werewolf Natalya Stravinsky, the supernatural is nothing extraordinary. What does seem strange is that she’s stuck in her hometown of South Toms River, New Jersey, the outcast of her pack, selling antiques to finicky magical creatures. Restless and recovering from her split with gorgeous ex-boyfriend, Thorn, Nat finds comfort in an unusual place: her obsessively collected stash of holiday trinkets. But complications pile up faster than her ornaments when Thorn returns home—and the two discover that the spark between them remains intense.

Before Nat can sort out their relationship, she must face a more immediate and dangerous problem. Her pack is under attack from the savage Long Island werewolves—and Nat is their first target in a turf war. Toss in a handsome wizard vying for her affection, a therapy group for the anxious and enchanted, and the South Toms River pack leader ready to throw her to the wolves, and it’s enough to give anybody a panic attack. With the stakes as high as the full moon, Nat must summon all of her strength to save her pack and, ultimately, herself.







Review

This book took me by surprise with just how much I loved it. Once I picked up this book and started reading, I didn’t want to put it down, I had to keep reading; I needed to find out how everything was going to unfold and what this book had in store for me and the characters. The main character Natalya I loved, I instantly developed a connection with her, right down to her quirky OCD and hoarding. I don’t recall ever coming across a read where a main character had either of these disorders and that made this read very appealing to me. Thorn bugged me a little with knowing that he wouldn’t be able to be with Natalya due to him being expected to be with Erica, yet he continues to tease Natalya with warm embraces and comforting touches.

Once I realised that I had devoured this read so fast and was down to only the last few pages, I was gutted, would Natalya and Thorn find a way to be together as a couple? Or maybe would Natalya pursue a relationship with Nick? Would Natalya find a way to get into the pack? So many questions, I need to know the answers to! I know one thing for sure though, when the next installment of this series comes out, I’ll be definitely getting a copy as soon as possible.








Rating: ««««

3 comments:

Braine Talk Supe said...

I'll take your word for it, Imma read this next week :D

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

This sounds like my kind of read. I will definitely be checking this out. A lead character that is a hoarder and has OCD, that is very interesting. I like that already. I love that this turned out to be an unexpected page turner. I want to read it right now. Can't wait to check this out. Thanks hon :)

Jet said...

It has been getting a few mixed reviews on Goodreads but I looooved it!

The lead character having OCD and hoarding was so brilliantly original. I love imperfect characters.

Thank-you both so much for stopping on by and leaving comments. It's great knowing my reviews have inspired others :)