Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Eternal Craving By Nina Bangs

Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night #2)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

He's been promised a new life as the hunter he once was. But Al soon learns that all the rules have changed. Now he must control his most basic urges—the need to kill, to feed, to mate. And the woman he wants looks at him with both heat and fear in her eyes. Jenna Maloy doesn't buy this story that he's come to Philadelphia to save souls. She seems to see through the layers of deception to the primitive heart of him. With her beside him, Al stalks the dark forces that crouch in the city's night shadows. But the real battle rages in his heart. Love is a formidable opponent. How can he ask her to stay with him after she's seen the savagery of his beast? He only knows that if she turns from him he'll be cursed with an eternal craving.






Review 

This read was to say the least, peculiar. Paranormal is what I love, Otherkin beings with nonhuman souls in a human body, a read right up my alley. However, the non-human soul being the soul of a dinosaur? That is just a bit weird for my taste, though a very original idea I couldn't wrap my head around it and it didn't allow me to enjoy the read as much as I wanted to. Despite the whole dinosaur thing, I did like the characters themselves and it was an entertaining read. The leader Fin is a very mysterious character and I’m very interested to know if further on in the series we ever find out about what he is.

Overall this was an alright read it just wasn’t for me, the whole dinosaur soul angle was just a bit too left of centre. However I would say if you are looking for a change and are wanting to try something very different and strange, you might want to take a look at this series. I would pick up the next in the series out of curiosity but it won’t be anytime soon.






Rating: «««

3 comments:

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

Wow! I am quite speechless. From the synopsis, I immediately thought werewolf. I never in a million years would have thought dinosaur. How does that work? I totally understand why that is hard to wrap your head around. But I am glad you liked the characters. I might check this out because I am up for anything strange. Seriously, my curiosity is getting the best of me LOL! Great review hon, this will definitely be unique. Thanks hon :)

Jet said...

I thought I had read pretty much everything until the whole dinosaur-soul part made an appearance. The leader Fin took Al's dinosaur soul back before he could be extinct and put it in a human body from what I understood. It's all just very odd lol

Thanks for commenting and visiting :D

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

It is very odd. I am still trying to wrap my head around it, but it is worth a rental I guess LOL! No problem at all hon :)