Monday, July 9, 2012

Hot Secrets By Lisa Renee Jones

Hot Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly #1)

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Description:

The Walker Brothers…

Tall, dark, and deadly, these three brothers run Walker security. Each brother is unique in his methods and skills, but all share key similarities. They are passionate about those they love, relentless when fighting for a cause they believe in, and all believe that no case is too hard, no danger too dark. Dedication is what they deliver, results are their reward.


Royce Walker, a former FBI Agent, who’s opened a private security firm with his brothers, has always had the hots for the prim, proper Assistant District Attorney, but considered her hand’s off because of a family connection. However, when danger threatens Lauren, he isn’t willing to stand by and watch her get hurt. Now the passion for survival is only rivaled by the passion burning between them. And that passion, might just be the death of them both.







Review

I am a big fan of Lisa Renee Jones from her Zodius series and I had high hopes that this read would be just as great, I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed this book from start to finish, the story flowed so well and before I knew it I had devoured the whole book. I liked how Lauren wasn’t helpless, she stood on her own two feet though did take help from Royce when she knew she was out of her depth. Royce was one hot protector, even though he was all alpha-male with Lauren and on one or two occasions over-the-top alpha which usually bothers me, but I loved him for it. Not to mention that Royce and Lauren share some rather steamy scenes.

I was glad that in the end Lauren’s despicable stepmother got when she deserved, she was so irritating and very much out for herself and to satisfy her greed. In this read we were also introduced to Lauren’s friend Julie who develops the start of a relationship with Luke, I am very interested to see where their relationship goes from here. I am really looking forward to reading more books from this series and finding out about some of the other mighty fine Walker brothers.







Rating: ««««

5 comments:

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

Great review hon. I haven't started reading Lisa Renee Jones yet, but I really really want to. Her books look and sound amazing. Lauren sounds like a great heroine. I do agree, being too alpha can get annoying especially when they take on the whole "Tarzan" thing, but it seems to work for Royce. Awesome review, i can't wait to find out about this awful stepmother. I love seeing justice being served LOL! Thanks so much hon :)

Jet said...

She is one of my favourite authors. I would never be a Jane to any Tarzan, not for my taste but I would sure give Royce a chance hehe Her stepmother was such a witch! She was quite a few "itch" words infact :P
Nothing better then some well deserved justice.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :D

Braine Talk Supe said...

Same here, but the cover alone is exciting! Half naked bodies and I'm usually in! LOL

Jet said...

haha I'm with you on the half naked-ness Braine ;P

Thanks for visiting me!

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

Ooooh, I am intrigued. I so agree, the whole Jane and Tarzan thing isn't really my thing, but I will definitely give this a chance. I definitely need to meet this stepmother. Felling a bit bloodthirsty right LMAO! Thank you again hon and you are more than welcome :)