Friday, July 13, 2012

A Rush Of Wings By Adrian Phoenix

A Rush of Wings (The Maker's Song #1)

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Description:

HIS NAME IS DANTE.

Dark. Talented. Beautiful. Star of the rock band Inferno. Rumored owner of the hot New Orleans nightspot Club Hell. Born of the Blood, then broken by an evil beyond imagination.HIS PAST IS A MYSTERY.

F.B.I. Special Agent Heather Wallace has been tracking a sadistic serial murderer known as the Cross Country Killer, and the trail has led her to New Orleans, Club Hell, and Dante. But the dangerously attractive musician not only resists her investigation, he claims to be "nightkind": in other words, a vampire. Digging into his past for answers reveals little. A juvenile record a mile long. No social security number. No known birth date. In and out of foster homes for most of his life before being taken in by a man named Lucien DeNoir, who appears to guard mysteries of his own.HIS FUTURE IS CHAOS.

What Heather does know about Dante is that "something" links him to the killer -- and she's pretty sure that link makes him the CCK's next target. Heather must unravel the truth about this sensual, complicated, vulnerable young man -- who, she begins to believe, may indeed be a vampire -- in order to finally bring a killer to justice. But Dante's past holds a shocking, dangerous secret, and once it is revealed not even Heather will be able to protect him from his destiny....






Review 

A book packed full with so much action, it is like two novels meshed into one and I loved every second of it. Heather was a great female lead, she is determined and strong, and she is everything I like in a character. I loved Dante’s stubborn ways and his pushing against authority attitude, not to mention he is one pretty fine vampire. Dante goes through so much in this read, learning about his past, the truth about his father, finding out who his mother was and what happened to her, he has to face a lot of heartbreak.

Though the story got a little confusing at times and hard to keep up with which is why this isn't five star rated, I didn’t want it to end, I wanted to keep reading and reading. This read really captured me right from the very start and I cannot wait to start to second book to the series; I need me some more Dante! And hopefully Heather gets herself some more Dante as well, because these two have some real chemistry. Just the way I like my Urban Fantasy reads.







Rating: ««««

2 comments:

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

WOOHOO!!!! I am so glad you liked this. I am with you, the story is so complex, it does get a tad confusing, but this is one of my favorite series. It is unique and dark and sexy. I couldn't put it down. I absolutely love Dante. I am so glad you like it, hope you enjoy book 2 hon. Thank you for the awesome review :)

Jet said...

The story is just so rich, I think with some books the first in the series is treated like an introduction and when you have finished reading it, it's like you haven't even gotten any story at all but with this you get everything you could want, starts the series off with a real bang! Hopefully I'll get around to reading some of book 2 today, so excited :D