Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stolen Fury By Elisabeth Naughton

Stolen Fury (Stolen Trilogy #1)

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Description:

To unearth a centuries-old secret, an archaeologist must team up with the rakish thief who’s stolen both an ancient relic and her heart…

Oh, is he handsome. And charming. And sexy as all get out. Dr. Lisa Maxwell isn’t the type to go home with a guy she barely knows. But, hey, this is Italy and the red-blooded Rafe Sullivan seems much more enticing than cataloging a bunch of dusty artifacts.

After being fully seduced, Lisa wakes to an empty bed and, worse yet, an empty safe. She’s staked her career as an archaeologist on collecting the three Furies, a priceless set of ancient Greek reliefs. Now the one she had is gone. But Lisa won’t just get mad. She’ll get even.

She tracks Rafe to Florida, and finds the sparks between them blaze hotter than the Miami sun. He may still have her relic, but he’ll never find all three without her. And they’re not the only ones on the hunt. To beat the other treasure seekers, they’ll have to partner up—because suddenly Lisa and Rafe are in a race just to stay alive.






Review


Plenty of adventure and twists and turns to keep you interested, not to mention a few steamy scenes to keep things perky. I liked Lisa, she was not one to be messed with and I loved how when she figured out what Rafe had done she didn’t just give up and go home, she was determined to get back what was hers and make him regret ever screwing with her. Rafe started off as such a jerk and a scum ball but throughout the read you learn more about him and why he does what he does, it makes you see him in a different light.

Although I did like the read, I was hoping for more and I couldn’t really get into the story, the finding the lost Furies and all. I was more interested in reading about the relationship between Lisa and Rafe developing. I am however looking forward to knowing if something will develop further in the series between Lisa’s brother Shane and Rafe’s ex-wife Hailey, she is a spit-fire and a character I really enjoyed in this read.


Rating: «««

3 comments:

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

Ooooh, luckily I have this one. Now I really want to get it started. I really can't wait to meet these characters especially this Hailey chick you mentioned. She sounds like my kind of character. Awesome review again hon, thank you :)

Jet said...

Thanks a bunch! Hailey and Lisa's brother were a bit of a highlight for me in this read. I hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it yourself :D

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

Oh man, I can't wait to meet them. They sound like a lot of fun. I love finding characters that really make an impact. They are so much fun. Thank you again hon, another read I have to fit in real soon LOL!