Monday, September 3, 2012

Veil Of Midnight By Lara Adrian

Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed #5)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Description:

Bound by blood, addicted to danger, they'll enter the darkest--and most erotic--place of all.
A warrior trained in bullets and blades, Renata cannot be bested by any man--vampire or mortal. But her most powerful weapon is her extraordinary psychic ability--a gift both rare and deadly. Now a stranger threatens her hard-won independence--a golden-haired vampire who lures her into a realm of darkness...and pleasure beyond imagining.
A combat-loving adrenaline junkie, Nikolai dispenses his own justice to enemies of the Breed--and his latest quarry is a ruthless assassin. One woman stands in his way: the seductive, cool-as-ice bodyguard, Renata. But Renata's powers are put to the test when a loved one, a child, is threatened and she's forced to turn to Niko for help. As the two join forces, as desire fans the flames of a deeper hunger, Renata's life is under siege by a man who offers the exquisite pleasure of a blood bond--and a passion that could save or doom them both forever....







Review

I adore these books, packed full of action from start to finished, with plenty of story and characters to keep you interested. I really enjoyed Renata as a character, she was so strong and she knew how to hold her own in a fight and kicked some butt! I loved how much she cared for Mira and did all she could to make sure she was safe and happy. The only part when I disliked Renata was when she found out about Nikolai knowing the whereabouts of Mira and not telling her straight away, she overreacted and put herself in real danger, though she did only do it because of her love for Mira.

I loved Nikolai, my heart just melted for him and he made me swoon on many an occasion, he and Renata make such a perfect pair. Sergi Yakut was a sick, evil guy and I was so glad when he finally met his end and the same goes for his son Alexi, what a twisted pair. I was left very interested to learn more about Hunter, an assassin that the master of evil himself Dragos created, I am glad that further on in the series he gets his own book, I can see him fitting the shape of the kind of male lead that I like to read about.






Rating: ««««

3 comments:

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

I am yet to start this series and I hear everyone raving about it. It is killing me LOL! Going to add this to my library queue as soon as possible. Amazing review hon, this sounds like my kind of PNR. Thank you hon :)

Jet said...

It is a great series, I am a couple of books behind the newest release so I need to do a bit of catching up lol I am fairly sure this would be your kind of PNR as well :)

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, always fantastic to hear from you.

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

I have heard that it is great, so I can't wait. Thank you for the awesome review again. I need to get caught up right now LOL! You are more than welcome hon. It is always fantastic being here. Thanks again hon :)