Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Undeniably Yours By Shannon Stacey

Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family #2)

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Description:

One-night stand + two percent condom failure rate = happily ever after?

Bar owner Kevin Kowalski is used to women throwing their phone numbers at him, but lately he's more interested in finding a woman to settle down with. A woman like Beth Hansen. If only their first meeting hadn't gone so badly....

Beth's tending bar at a wedding when she comes face-to-face with a tuxedo-clad man she never thought she'd see again. She tries to keep her distance from Kevin but, by last call, she can't say no to his too-blue eyes or the invitation back to his room. Then she slips out before breakfast without leaving a note and, despite their precautions, pregnant.

Kevin quickly warms to the idea of being a dad and to seeing where things go with Beth. After all, he's not the player she thinks he is. But she's not ready for a relationship and, given his reputation, it's going to take a lot to convince her to go on a second date with the father of her child.






Review

 



Really loving this series, if you are on the lookout for a new romance to get addicted to then I would suggest making a start on these books. Right from the very beginning Kevin stole my heart, he made me swoon at so many moments in this read with the way he thought, his actions and the kind of man that he is. It is impossible not to completely adore him, must be the Kowalski gene.

I love how the story all started with Beth getting pregnant, usually with romances somewhere in the middle or toward the end of the story the main female will find herself in that situation and you get a watered down version of how everything works out and the two main couple finding happily ever after easily. In this read you get all the turmoil, the heartbreak, the confusion of what to do and how to make things work, it was perfect and refreshing.

The only character I didn’t much care for was Sam. He didn’t quite cut it for me with the blackmail to get Paulie to go out with him, even though it all turned out for the best in the end, he screamed of jerk to me. He sure didn’t measure up to the Kowalski men, not even close. I like Paulie, her breaking free of her past identity for find her true self and live the life she wanted for herself was brave.

It was nice that adorable Bobby made a couple of appearances and being his cute self and that we got an update on how Keri and Joe are going from the first book. I could not speak more highly of this series so far, even though this wasn’t quite as good as the first it was still brilliant and worthy of four and a half stars. I can't wait until the next book arrives in the mail, I know I am going to love it; I cannot get enough of these Kowalski men!
 
 
 
 
 
Rating: ««««
 

2 comments:

Herding Cats - Burning Soup said...

Oh my goodness I love those Kowalski men too :) I found the series earlier this year and was blown away. I liked that she put the pregnancy up at the start too. Definitely made for an interesting story.

Glad you're enjoying them!

~Anna

Jet said...

The Kowalski men were very swoon worthy. This series blew me away as well, they are one of my favourite series now. :)

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, it is greatly appreciated.