Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Angel By Tiffany Reisz

The Angel (The Original Sinners #2)

Genre: Erotica

Description:

No safe word can protect the heart
Infamous erotica author and accomplished dominatrix Nora Sutherlin is doing something utterly out of character: hiding. While her longtime lover, Søren—whose fetishes, if exposed, would be his ruin—is under scrutiny pending a major promotion, Nora's lying low and away from temptation in the lap of luxury.

Her host, the wealthy and uninhibited Griffin Fiske, is thrilled to have Nora stay at his country estate, especially once he meets her traveling companion. Young, inexperienced and angelically beautiful, Michael has become Nora's protégé, and this summer with Griffin is going to be his training, where the hazing never ends.

But while her flesh is willing, Nora's mind is wandering. To thoughts of Søren, her master, under investigation by a journalist with an ax to grind. And to another man from Nora's past, whose hold on her is less bruising, but whose secrets are no less painful. It's a summer that will prove the old adage: love hurts.








Review

There are not enough words to describe how much I enjoyed this book, just as much as I did the first, maybe even more. You get so much more insight into the characters from the first book, so many heartbreaking moments and some that were heart-warming and perfect.

In the first book, I didn’t care for Soren much at all, I didn’t like his demeanour and I didn’t want him back with Nora. However, in this second installment you get to see the soul behind the hard surface of Soren which is a real turning point. All that he has overcome in the past is revealed, all he has done for Nora. He truly does love her, enough to sacrifice his own heart to help her face what Nora needs to in order to move forward. I never thought I would be hoping for Soren to win Nora, yet here I am hoping that she comes back to him again.

Michael, I think his storyline was one that I enjoyed most throughout this book. The way his father treated him and his mother was disgusting and I was overjoyed that he finally got what he deserved and that Michael was able to find his voice with the help of Griffin. The two of them together are magic and they are definitely one of my new favourite m/m couples.

Wesley’s story unravelling was a surprise, I should have known from reading the first book that this author knows how to blind-side you with twists and turns that you didn’t see coming or even imagine. I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book and see what happens between him and Nora, how they will sort out their feelings and if Nora will stay with Wesley or find her way back to the man she has never been able to truly leave behind.

I could ramble on for ages about how much I loved this book and how amazing it is. The ending left me on the edge of my seat and my mind buzzing with the possibilities of what could happen next. I have a feeling that The Prince is going to be even more of an emotional minefield than this one was and I can’t wait to get enthralled into more of the life of Nora Sutherlin.






Rating:«««««

3 comments:

Braine TS said...

Told you you'll warm up to the priest.... now go get The Prince! LOL

Jet said...

It shall be done! haha can't wait!

Diana (@Offbeat Vagabond) said...

Can't wait to hear what you think about the Prince. I am almost done and I am in love, of course. You should also check out the short stories that have been released between books as well. They are amazing as well. Great review hon. I absolutely agree especially about Griffin and Michael. They were amazing together and that is a great statement; one of the best M/M couples out there. I could only hope that Reisz maybe makes a book for them. Maybe something about Michael's awful father trying to get some revenge. He is stupid enough, he has already proven that. Awesome review again. Thank you so much :D