Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Author Interview: AJ Wiliams, Bounty For Hunter

 
 
Author Interview
AJ Wiliams
 
 
 
What got you into writing?
 
 I started writing poetry when I was kid around nine or ten.  My  grandfather was the one that inspired me.  One day after a bad my grandfather sat me down literally in the kitchen with a plate of cookies and a tall glass of milk.  He slid across the table a journal and said "write it down kid.  Take all the angry and pain and write it down." He kissed the top of my head as he placed a pen on top of the book leaving me alone with my thoughts.  I wrote every day.  It was little things that I wrote about.  Girls and how they treated me, teachers who couldn't understand why I was having a hard time, or the way the sun felt on my skin warming me up from what felt like the inside out.  I poured my heart out into that book.  Till one day it was full.  That was then I started writing little stories.  The mean girls hair falling out,  the teacher appearing before me with a brilliantly lit light bulb explaining how she could understand why something was difficult for me and so on. 
 
 
 
 
 Why write now?
 
I wrote for a long time and then one day I took a break.  It wasn't until I meet my husband that the inspiration bug bite me in the ass again.  I had all these stories running through my  head that I never knew where to begin or stop.  You should see my writing folder on my computer it is huge.  Filled with started pages of stories I can't wait to get out. 

However, as with any person life moves on, things happen and you suddenly find yourself on a different path.  That was where I found myself when one day I was playing with my two young children that this story hit me.  I could not stop writing.  I wanted to get their story out.  It was hard being a stay at home mom with 2 kids and write.  Yet, I made it work.
 
 

Where do you find your inspiration?
 
EVERYWHERE... From my two kids having a fight or watching them play pretend.  From listening to my family laugh and make jokes to people watching while I am shopping.  You never really know what is going to inspire you and I want to make sure that I keep my eyes open to everything
 
 

What does your family think?
 
My husband thinks it great that I actually sat down, said I was going to do it and did it.  In regards to others in my family I think they are still trying to adjust to that I actually wrote a book.  
 
 
 
What do you do in your free time?
 
I would not say I have lots of free time.  I work 24/7 being a mom.  When they are on their quiet time then that is my free time and I work to make sure I get in all that I can.  What I have learned is that as the kids get older and we work on learning to play by yourselves I am getting free time. 

It is in those quiet moments that I love to sit down and read a good book. Juliet Mariller if one of my favorite authors.  She has this incredible ability to tell a story that is old and weave it into something that is just outstanding. I also enjoy JR Ward.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
Book Info: 

Keylee isn’t your typical bounty hunter. She’s young, petite, and has a Doberman pinscher as her personal bodyguard. Just as Keylee returns to town from a month long assignment, she’s asked to protect a man named Hunter, who has jumped bond and is on the run from other bounty hunters and the police. The mere fact that she knows who Hunter is and why the police are after him, places her life at risk. Now, Keylee has a limited time to save Hunter and herself.
 
 
 
 
 
Buy Links:
 



About The Author:
 
AJ Wiliams lives in Missouri with her husband and two children, and their faithful dog. She grew up in Arizona and at the age of eight, her mother brought her to Missouri to be close to family. As an only child, AJ had to learn how to entertain herself. Writing was an escape from an isolated life she led as the only child to her parents. Living in a small town also proved to create lots of stories. Like most small towns, everyone knew everyone. As she grew older, her grandparents played a large role in her writing life. By the age of thirteen, she had written several poems about her family and about growing up. Reading and music also became an outlet for her. AJ loves listening to everything from the classics of Mozart to System of a Down to even Indie music such as Lana Del Rey and Florence and the Machine. That love of music has continued on, influencing her and the stories she likes to write.

 
Author Links:
 
 

1 comment:

Diana Ramsey said...

Love the interview. I started with poetry as well. I can't believe I can't find what I wrote though, that is depressing :( Love the answer for what inspires you. I love it when you can find inspiration anywhere and everywhere. I will look into Juliet Mariller. She is new to me. And J. R. Ward is the absolute best LOL! Great interview. Thank you guys so much for sharing. I have to buy this book soon. Thank you again :)