Thursday, January 3, 2013

Gabriel's Rapture By Sylvain Reynard

Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno #2)

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Description:

Professor Gabriel Emerson has embarked on a passionate, yet clandestine affair with his former student, Julia Mitchell. Sequestered on a romantic holiday in Italy, he tutors her in the sensual delights of the body and the raptures of sex. But when they return, their happiness is threatened by conspiring students, academic politics, and a jealous ex-lover. When Gabriel is confronted by the university administration, will he succumb to Dante's fate? Or will he fight to keep Julia, his Beatrice, forever? In Gabriel's Rapture, the brilliant sequel to the wildly successful debut novel, Gabriel's Inferno, Sylvain Reynard weaves an exquisite love story that will touch the reader's mind, body, and soul, forever.







Review

Better than I had hoped it would be. I had high expectations after the first in the series and I knew that this one would be just as emotional, but just wow. Things go from being great, with a happy ending it sight, to so sad and screwed up, thankfully most of it gets sorted out by the end. I really want Gabriel and Julia to find happiness together without everything crashing and burning around them just when they can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I couldn’t believe what Christa did, how badly she screwed up things for Julia and Gabriel, and I really hope she gets what she deserves at some point because she is just a horrible person. The whole situation after the mess that she created came to a head was so emotional and heartbreaking. I didn’t want to believe that Gabriel had really thrown in the towel and given up on Julia and their love.

I felt for Paul, poor guy fell hard for Julia but it just wasn’t meant to be. When it was said that neither Julia nor Gabriel had been fully open about their pasts I was very intrigued, but of course no more was revealed on the topic in this installment, which now has left me going out of my mind wondering what they each could be hiding or have not said yet.

I don’t see the situations with Natalie and Simon going away anytime soon either. I was glad that Julia stuck up for herself against Natalie when she tried to blackmail her into dropping everything against Simon but Natalie doesn’t seem like the kind of person to give up so easily; will have to wait and see if anything more eventuates from that though. This book was brilliant, I didn’t see a lot of things happening that did and it kept me enthralled right till the very end. Bring on book three! I cannot wait.





Rating:«««««

5 comments:

Wickedly Delicious said...

Great review. I have yet to read this series. I almost bought #1 and #2 at Barnes & Noble they were 50% off. But figured I rather read on my kindle most likely the same price.

Wickedly Delicious Book Blog

Jet said...

The series is really quite amazing, raw and emotional. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like the books but I ended up loving them. I hope you enjoy them a much as I did when you get around to kindle-ing them :)

Diana Ramsey said...

I am going to start this hopefully this month. I absolutely love Reynard's style. I am dying to read this and find out more about Christa. I am with you, I wasn't that sure about this when I started it either since I never thought I would like Contemporary Romance, but this book has changed my mind. It has opened up doors for me LOL! Awesome review hon, thank you :D

Jet said...

I love her style as well! I don't think I have ever read from an author that writes the way she does. It is always good when a book can enlighten you to a genre, though bad for the bank account lol

Thanks for the kind words Diana :)

Diana Ramsey said...

LOL! I am so with you. I haven't come across an author that writes like her either. I am so glad I started this. She really has opened up doors for me. True, it is hard on the bank account for sure, but it is worth it LOL! You are so welcome hon :D