Friday, April 5, 2013

Hope(less) By Melissa Haag

Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six #1)

*Submitted for review by author*

Genre: New Adult, Paranormal Romance

Description:

Our world is being judged and we remain unaware.

In a world filled with people, Gabby is uniquely alone. The tiny sparks she sees in her mind represent the people around her, but she doesn't know why she sees them.

A chance encounter leads her closer to answers she's struggled to find, and into a hidden society where fur is optional.






Review

I have never read anything classed as ‘New Adult” and to be honest, I had to Google what it even was as I had never heard the term before; basically between YA and general adult fiction. I have to say, for those who find YA not to their tastes; NA might be a genre that may appeal to you more so as I found myself with this read.

The read was a little slow to start, but once Gabby moved in with Sam and the story started to get going I was hooked! The way it was written was wonderful and the characters were great to follow and easy to connect with.

I loved the relationship between Gabby and Clay, and how Clay remained silent until the very end, it made it so special and unique. I liked how Clay would mess with Gabby’s friend Rachel when he was in wolf form as well; it added some nice humour to the read that I found quite entertaining. The angle of Gabby being able to see Auras/Lights was inspired; I don’t think I have ever read anything like it before which was refreshing.

I didn’t like Sam though. I felt like all he did was use Gabby or try to force her into the customs of the werewolves right off the bat before she could even adjust to her new life. I was glad when Gabby was finally able to stand up to him and do what she felt was right. Overall this was a really great read; I cannot wait to see what happens in the next installment. I give this read a solid four and a half stars.






Rating: ««««  

No comments: