Friday, May 31, 2013

Reckless By S.C. Stephens

Reckless (Thoughtless #3)

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Description:

Can love survive when life gets Reckless? When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other withstand the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they’ve formed, the new family they’ve found, and the history they’ve forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band’s exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price—but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything?







Review

I think what I loved most about this third and final book in the series was seeing the growth of Kellan and Kiera not only as individual characters, but also as a couple. They have finally learnt to fully trust each other and to support one another. I was so proud of Kellan standing up to Nick when he felt like what he was asking him to do with the music video would hurt Kiera, he was willing to walk and throw everything away for her.

The whole Sienna scenario was annoying! The woman was a pain in the butt. Only took into consideration what she wanted and would do whatever it took to get it, regardless of those around her and how it affected them. Kiera handled her in a mature way but I have to admit, I would have liked to see her get put in her place with a little more impact and taken down a few pegs.

When the accident happened with Kellan and Kiera, I couldn’t help but tear up and the aftermath. Everyone came out to make sure Kellan was okay and to support him, he finally got the family he craved for so long.

I am so sad that this is the final book; I loved reading about Kellan and Kiera. I am hoping that there are some spin-off books about the other band members. I would love to read a book about Griffin and the lead up to meeting Anna, I think there is more to him then was shown in these books especially with some of the snapshots of him we got in this read. A perfect ending to a series I wish could have gone on forever.






Rating: «««««

No comments: