Saturday, May 4, 2013

Werewolves Be Damned By Stacey Kennedy

Werewolves Be Damned (Magic & Mayhem #1)

*Submitted for review*

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Decription:

Nexi Jones—part witch, part guardian, and wannabe kick-ass warrior—can’t throw a punch or conjure the simplest magic. But that doesn’t stop her from hunting the werewolves who slaughtered her human family. She’ll have her revenge, but only if Kyden, the elite guardian, would get the hell out of her way.

Kyden can’t decide if Nexi wants to get herself killed or if she just has no clue what she’s doing. But her father made it clear: keep Nexi safe…or else. Of course, the more Nexi runs toward revenge, the more she needs Kyden’s aid, and as she grows into her power and confidence, so does his desire to protect her. The only problem? She’d rather he dropped dead.

But when a vampire paints a bull’s-eye on Nexi’s back, she’s hard-pressed to deny Kyden and the help he’s offering. Even if it means getting her revenge will be a little bit harder. At least it will still be as sweet.








Review

Not what I expected from a Stacey Kennedy read and I am left with a feeling of disappointment. I really had to force myself to keep reading and not give up on the book, it was too young-adult like for my liking and it did have a couple of sexual scenes so I would not recommend it for those who only read young adult, but for those who enjoy both the YA and adult genres.

I couldn’t form a connection with the main female character, Nexi, which I think contributed to my inability to get truly involved in the story. She just didn't cut it for me as a main character. I did however like the supporting characters, such as Zia and Haven, they had some real life to them and stood out to me.

I feel like it was missing the spark that makes Kennedy reads so addictive which is a shame. The witch element reminded me a lot of the “House of Night” books but this had more of an edge to it. I will continue to reads books from this author but I will be sticking to her more erotic reads which I tend to enjoy more.




Rating : «««

No comments: