After losing her father and brother in the line of duty, Missy Prescott vows never to get involved with anyone who has a dangerous job. Blessed with a golden voice, she takes a job as a disc jockey with her own late-night lovelorn dedication show on a popular radio station in Baltimore.
Blake Decker has never had a family. He has come to count on the only family he knows—his brothers on the police force. He’s a one-night-stand kind of guy when it comes to relationships. Betty McAllister, the caring woman who used to live in Missy’s apartment, is now a ghost. She refuses to cross over until Blake—whom she viewed as her own son—is happily in love.
She thinks Missy is the perfect girl for him. Missy and Blake need to keep each other at a distance as they work together to help Betty find a way to cross over. But when danger lurks, will Missy and Blake lose everything?
Ten Cool Things About Baltimore, MD
2. Fort McHenry-The flag flying here inspired Francis Scott Key to pen “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
3. Fells Point-The Inns and bars in this waterfront area are purportedly haunted by many ghosts. The cobblestone streets and historic buildings make it a perfect place to relax and enjoy a beverage.
4. National Aquarium-Sharks, jellyfish, turtles, a dolphin show, and more. It takes almost a full day to take in all the fun exhibits and shows.
5. The Water Taxi-What a cool way to get around, eh? This boat makes stops at Harborplace, National Aquarium, Fort McHenry, and lots of other fun places. No better way to travel on a gorgeous day.
6. U.S.S. Constellation-The last all-sail ship built by the U.S. Navy. Some people have reported seeing ghosts or smelling gunpowder while touring this attraction.
7. Westminster Hall-Edgar Allan Poe’s house/grave-Yeah, I’m a huge fan of Poe, so this is a big deal to me. Not to give anything away, but Poe makes a cameo in one of the books in this series. After all, he IS a ghost now.
8. Flamingos-From page one of Altered Frequency, Betty-the-ghost’s flamingo earrings set her up as a fun-loving ghost. The fun-loving residents of Baltimore love their pink flamingo yard decorations, too.
9. Crabs! It’s what Maryland, and specifically any place near the water, is known for. With dozens of Inner Harbor restaurants to choose from, you’ll find a little Old Bay seasoning (or maybe a lot) on these hard-shelled creatures from the bay.
10. Hanging out on the waterfront. This is my personal favorite. You don’t need any money or reservations. Grab a bench, take a deep breath, and enjoy the waterfront surroundings.
Joya Fields has had over 100 stories and articles published in local and national magazines. Her debut novel, a romantic suspense, was a NJRW GOLDEN LEAF WINNER FOR BEST FIRST BOOK OF 2012 and was nominated for RT Book Reviews 2012 Indie Press/Self-Published Contemporary Romance award. She's since released three more books.
Amazon Author Page / Goodreads Author Page / Twitter / Facebook
Rafflecopter grand prize of a $25 Amazon/Barnes & Noble gift card to one winner